The MS-UK fundraising team are being busy little Christmas elves organising all the fun events for the festive season!
Here are our ‘12 Days of Christmas’ fun ideas to support MS-UK in the run up to Christmas…
- Guess the candy canes in a jar. Charge £1 per go. You could use any seasonal treat or to make it harder by using dried fruit!
- Festive hat day! Why not get your colleagues involved and get them to have a wear a festive hat day at your place of work for a contribution to MS-UK? Other Christmas clothing could be an alternative.
- Name the Christmas toy. £1 a go. Choose a name from a list (we can provide one). When all the names have been chosen put the names in a (Santa) hat and film the person picking out the winning name!
- Give a gift online. Why not donate to MS-UK instead of sending Christmas cards this year?
- Christmas swear jars. Ban a particular Christmas word and if a colleague/family member is heard saying it they have to put a ‘fine’ into the jar.
- Christmas craft party. Charge an entry fee, and lead them to create a design. Supply some nibbles and a drink, and you’ll have a fab night.
- Christmas beard competition. Challenge your male friends to grow a Santa beards in return for donations.
- Card creations. Make your own festive Christmas cards this year and sell them to your friends in aid of MS-UK.
- Host a Christmas dinner party! Rather than having your annual Christmas get together with your friends at a bar or restaurant, get your pals to follow a ‘pay as you feel’ policy and cook them a festive feast at home! Donate the proceeds (if there are any, depending on your culinary abilities) to MS-UK!
- Get quizzing! Approach your local pub and see if they would be interested in hosting a Christmas quiz night for you. Charge per participant or by team to enter. You could even see if they will donate a prize to the winning team like a case of wine.
- Bake. Everybody likes cake, and now is the perfect excuse to have a slice. Why not take some festive cakes into your place of work, hold a stall at your childrens school Christmas bazaar or take along to a social group you attend. Get friends and family to join in too, the more the merrier!
- Sing, sing, sing! Love to sing? Why not create your own festive jukebox? Get friends and family to donate for you to sing their favourite Christmas song. You could even charge for extras such as wearing fancy dress or doing a duet. Film yourself doing them and share on social media with a link to your online fundraising page!
Order a fundraising pack today and you’ll get a free Christmas collection box! Email Jenny or call 01206 226500.
Every penny you raise helps MS-UK support even more people affected by multiple sclerosis (MS). We wouldn’t be here without you – thank you!