So, you’re volunteering at the British 10k this Sunday – yay!
I know you’ll have a wonderful time cheering on the amazing runners as they pound the streets of such an iconic city, but I know sometimes it can be easy to forget the essentials.
So, here are my top 5 things to bring along on the day, to make sure you get the best out of it!
- Suntan lotion. If you’re standing in the sun for a couple of hours, you’ll definitely need this! A hat is always useful too 🙂
- Water. It may sound silly, but you would be surprised how much you end up shouting on the day as the runners pass you by, so definitely bring a bottle or two of water
- A brollie! As we all know, there are no guarentees with the weather, and a brollie will quite often come in handy
- A tube map or parking information. Getting to and from an event like this can be stressful if you are not fully prepared. Check the British 10k website for information about travel updates before the day
- Your MS-UK t-shirt! If you’re part of team MS-UK, don’t forget to don your purple t-shirt and grab a rapper clapper to cheer on our amazing runners as they whizz past our cheering points!
No matter who you’re cheering on or how loud you are, remember the event isn’t complete without volunteers like you making it extra special. Every runner will need that extra boost to get through the miles as they pass you, and a word of encouragement or happiness makes all the difference.
I can’t wait to see you all there!
Community and Events Fundraiser